Scott Rocklage was hired by 5 AM Ventures as a venture partner in 2003. 5 AM Ventures offers life science services that are on the cutting edge. During his career at the company, he made large contributions to its growth. He quickly moved up the corporate ladder to become a managing partner in 2004, and he’s still working in this position.
However, Scott Rocklage had a long career before 5 AM Ventures. In fact, he has been in the healthcare management field for several decades.
A Detailed History Of His Career:
His Educational Background:
Scott graduated from UC Berkley with a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry. Then, he went on to get a P.H.D. in the field. He quickly began his career in healthcare management after his graduation. Read more: http://www.thestylemaponline.com/the-amazing-career-of-scott-rocklage-of-5am-ventures/ and http://www.rennovia.com/team/scott-m-rocklage/
His Early Career:
He worked for quite a few different companies early in his career. Here are some of the healthcare companies that he helped to manage:
- Nycomed Salutar: He worked as the CEO and president of this company. Nycomed Salutar offers imaging services and produces in-vivo contrast agents. In-vivo contrast agents are used for MRIs.
- Relypsa: He worked as the executive chairman for this corporation. Relypsa creates polymer based agents, and these compounds can treat many different conditions.
- Illypsa: He was the executive chairman at Illypsa. Illypsa develops products for renal care.
- Catalytica: While he was at Catalytica, he worked in various R and D positions. Catalytica offers numerous pharmaceuticals.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals: He was the chairman and CEO of Cubist Pharmaceuticals. Cubist does a lot of pharmaceutical research, and there are numerous pharmaceuticals that they sell.
- Entre Med: While he was at Entre Med, he was the executive chairman. Entre Med is well-known for their research.
His Board And Advisor Roles:
These are some examples of companies that he has served on the board of or acted as an advisor for:
- Wave RX
- VBI Vaccines
- Novira Theraputics
- Semprus BioSciences